Friday 21 June 2013

Clothes Pegs Genius idea.

I'm still working on the Weekender and I'm so pleased with it. I'm surprised how I'm getting on following a pattern. I had a brain wave as I was searching for ideas on how to hold the bag together and though small bulldog clips would be perfect and I ordered some. I became very excited when they came through, until the package was opened.
 
But I thought the comparison might make it easier to understand my disappointment.
I then went back on to the net and after lots of reading of tips and ideas I found someone that said use clothes pegs(sorry for not adding the link I don't remember who said it and to be honest I don't know how to). They make it a lot easier to hold it together to get it under my machine.
 
Just as I was about to sew the other side one of the angels woke up for night cuddles. Yeah.
 
I think a peg bag could be next on my to do list.
 
Lizzy x

5 comments:

  1. Clothes pegs - genius. I am so following all your tips and ideas. I actually did some of my bag too last night, first bits of cording attached to pockets and a zippy pocket inside the outside pocket (if that makes sense!) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. now that is a clever idea, why didn't I think of that! Putting a link in a blog post is quite easy. When you're writing a post, there's a kind of tool bar above the box where you can change the font, size, colour etc. There's a little button that says "link", it's underlined. Click on that. A box will appear, copy and paste the link (from the address bar at the top of your browser)into the second line down. IN the top line you can write whatever you like "link here" or whatever. If you need a hand with any of this blogging business give me a shout, I'm no expert but I have had my blog for nearly 3 years so I know a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and you might want to turn Word Verification off. It's really irritating and loads of bloggers are saying they won't leave a comment on blogs with word verification. Go to your dashboard, there's a dropdown arrow next to "view blog". Click on that and choose "settings". On the left hand side go to "posts and comments", scroll down to where it says Show Word Verification and select "no". OK, I'm done being bossy now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever woman - far better use for pegs than holding washing! Your bag is really coming on. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever, i like it, and i can understand your bulldog clip disappointment, they're teeny tiny!

    ReplyDelete